I am always up for a good DIY and wherever I can save a few dollars and get creative with beauty products, I’m right there! The other day a few of my friends and I enjoyed a whole lot of laughter while getting right into this DIY.
Perfect for summer, we made Coconut and Sugar Body scrubs and got all kinds of artsy on our adorable mason jars. This DIY is super easy and fun and looks great as a gift too!
** Important Tip: have snacks at the ready! The coconut smells so good you’ll want to eat it! **
What you’ll need:
- Jar with a lid
- Solid Coconut Oil
- Raw sugar
- Essential oils (check safety on skin)
- Decorations for jar
- Mix coconut oil with sugar in a 1:2 ratio in a bowl (e.g. for my jar I used about 5 heaped tablespoons of coconut oil and 10 tablespoons of sugar)
- Add more sugar if it’s too runny.
- Add a few drops of essential oils as desired to add to the scent. (I kept mine simple and just added 2 drops of peppermint essential oil and 1 drop of grapefruit essential oil – get creative!)
- Fill jar with your mixture.
- Decorate your jar to show off your amazing sugar scrub!
I recommend applying to skin as a gentle exfoliant and leaving for a few minutes before washing off in the shower leaving skin feeling super soft and smelling as fragrant as a Lush shop!
Here are some of the finished products. Gracie made a super fragrant and revitalising mix and Catherine made a soothing peppermint, grapefruit and lavender scrub. Check out Cath’s stunning blog, Coco Grace, here!
Let me know in the comments below what scents you combined in yours and what you named your creation! Have fun!
Have a wonderful and festive Christmas everyone!